This is a Pokemon post.
My favorite Pokemon:
My absolute favorites:
First off, everyone should stop talking such shit about Dragonite. It’s fucking awesome and it isn’t “Charizard’s gay cousin.” Dragonite could fuck Charizard’s shit up any day. Plus Dragonite is super adorable. It’s pretty awesome because it’s both Dragon and Flying. Because it’s part Dragon, electric isn’t that effective on its flying type. Also, because it’s flying type, ground moves don’t effect it either. I’ve had a Dragonite in my Soulsilver version and my White version. Usually I teach Dragonite:
- Fly (pretty obvious. it gets me places and he’s party flying himself)
- Dragon Claw: (again, very obvious. It’s a power move and it’s good against other dragons)
- Ice Beam: (I hate catching Ice Types. they’re too easy to kill. Plus this is another good move against dragons. It’s also good against grass, other flying types, rock, and ground types.)
- For the last move I usually teach it Outrage just to fill the gap but sometimes I’ll choose Hyper Beam or something else that’s fun. It all depends on how I’m feeling at the time.
Other absolute favorite because he ties with the first one in a lot of categories:
Not only is Flygon a Dragon type (one of the best types in my opinion) but it’s Ground type AND has levitate (which makes it so he’s immune to any ground move) so it’s immune to electric and ground and many other types don’t effect it much. I’ve used Flygon almost every time I played ruby/sapphire/emerald and have it in my newer games as well. I usually teach Flygon:
- Earthquake (for obvious reasons)
- Fly (so it can be effective against grass and fighting types)
- Giga Drain (it’s a total bitch move in the sense that it gives health back and with a grass move Flygon is good against rock, ground and water types.)
- Dragon Claw/Dragonbreath (Dragon moves rock. hands down. They’re pretty powerful and with him being dragon type they’re even more powerful. This way Flygon is also good against other dragon types so it just doesn’t get destroyed by them.)
These aren’t in any particular order:
The reason I put Ralts instead of Gardevoir is because now there’s Gallade, who is pretty awesome too. I used to always spend so much time finding a Ralts with the trace ability (which copies the opponents ability) when I played ruby/sapphire/emerald. It’s just a great Psychic type to have. I usually teach it:
- Psychic (duh)
- Shock Wave (it’s a wonderful move and this way it’s good against flying and water)
- The last two depended on if I evolve it into a Gardevoir or a Gallade. Also on what I’m feeling at the time too.
I chose Eevee because I think all of it’s evolutions rock. My favorites in order are:
I really hope they make more. Like they need to make one where Eevee evolves into a stronger version of itself (normal type of course) just by leveling up. Anyways, I think Eevee is a great type to have because you could play through and catch different Pokemon and whatever type you’re missing you could just evolve Eevee into it (most of the time.) I’m not going to say which moves I teach it because it all depends on what I evolved it into because I never keep any of the sucky Eevee moves.
Ampharos is not only adorable, but it’s a wonderful electric type. I always catch a Mareep when I play through Soulsilver. Ampharos is a total tank when it comes to Pokemon weak against electricity. I usually teach Ampharos:
- Thunderbolt (good electric move, great accuracy)
- Thunderpunch (another good electric move)
- Signal Beam (it’s good to mix it up. Signal beam is a good bug type move and it confuses opponents quite often.)
- Thunder (wonderful electric move but horrid accuracy. I usually had it to fill the gap and for when the opponent used rainy day. I’d fuck their shit up big time.)
Quagsire looks like such a doof. BUT SUCH A CUTE DOOF THOUGH. It’s a pretty bad ass tank too. Like if it’s going up against anyone that’s not a grass type, Quagsire will most likely fuck them up. I always have a Quagsire on my team in Soulsilver. I especially love when I catch one with Water Absorb (gets health if Quagsire is hit by a water move.) It’s part water and part ground so electric attacks don’t hurt it. I usually teach it:
- Surf (gets me places, good water move, hits multiple enemies.)
- Waterfall (good water move, gets me places, can make the enemy flinch.)
- Earthquake (great ground move, hits multiple enemies)
- Muddy Water (kind of obvious at this point)
I have a lot of other favorites and I’ll update this after a while most likely. It just takes so long to explain why I like them and then go back and think of what moves I used to teach them and THEN explain why.
I’ll make a post every now and then saying that I updated it if you’re interested (that is, if this even gets any notes at all.) If it does though, just go to the link in my about me and scroll on down.